Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2012

SOURCE OF INSPIRATION




What inspires you and why? This was option number one for my Blogging Your Way boot camp homework and admittedly, it was the most immediately appealing option for me. So very inspiring actually, that I had to apply one of the first things I had realized I should work on: FOCUS.

So amongst the many, many things I find inspiring, here is an essential one: COLOR.
As far as I can remember, I have always adored color. Not only on painting materials, but also on beads and fabric, on make-up palettes and nail enamel, on mosaics and walls, on flowers and food, on paper goods and packagings etc. etc…

When I got back to painting 14 years ago, a friend of ours lent me a huge wholesale catalogue with art supplies (that was my first encounter with Boesner). I was so smitten with everything in it, but especially the color charts, that I almost learnt them by heart.  Realizing that every specific color actually had a name made me love them even more. For quite a while, I used to sit in the car my husband was driving, trying to put names on everything I saw: a cerulean blue sky, “stil de grain” colored fields in autumn, alizarin crimson roses, cobalt green trash cans next to terra rossa colored walls and so on…
All this eventually led me to a shopaholic frenzy, because I wanted to try every available color – and believe me, I did!

And even if I now know that you actually need very, very few colors to paint (Titian apparently painted many of his latter day paintings with only 4 colors) and have slimmed down my own palette drastically, the magic of colors will always cast its spell on me.



Liebe deutsche Blog-Leser,

bitte nehmt es mir nicht übel, dass der heutige Text zunächst nur in der englischen Fassung fertig ist - bald geht es zweisprachig weiter...










Kommentare:

  1. Boesner ist schlichtweg der Himmel auf Erden;) Ich kann Deine Liebe für Farben so gut verstehen, mir geht es genauso! Allerdings setzt Du sie viel professioneller ein als ich;)) Deine Fotos sind so inspirierend, daß man gleich losmalen möchte!
    Liebe Corinne, vielen Dank für Deinen lieben Kommentar auf meinem Blog, es hat mir sehr viel bedeutet. Hoffentlich "sehen" wir uns nun öfter.
    Alles Liebe, Manuela

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Liebe Manuela, sehr gerne... und wenn Du Lust hast, zu malen, dann kann ich das nur empfehlen!

    Liebe Grüße

    Corinne

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wonderful! Such gorgeous photos~
    I love the glorious view here that you shared!
    Nice to meet you :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi Ella, thank you for your nice comment. Happy you like the pictures and to meet you, too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. What a beautiful post. I love the part about you sitting in the car putting the names to the colours you saw around you:) Mel

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Mel! I very much enjoyed the stories behind your beautiful mood-board, too.

      Löschen
  6. And COLORS are definitely my thing !!! SO, I am inspired just by looking at these gorgeous pictures you have placed here !!!!

    AntwortenLöschen